History of BUZ
BUZ – Building Up Zion
Founded on July 13, 2021
Mission Statement: We help our community invest in itself so that people can come together and the City can flourish.
Who We Are
- Community minded people who want to help Zion, IL become a great place to live and visit.
- We are a committee under the Coalition for Healthy Communities Board.
- Donate $90 every quarter to be used towards large projects.
- Participate in quarterly meetings.
- Engage in activities that will impact our communities with a goal of 30 minutes a month
- Our inaugural project was the Monarch Mural on Sheridan Rd.
- Corn stalks decorations on the light posts on Sheridan Rd between Shiloh Blvd down to 28th.
- Garden of Eat’n: a collaborative project between Illinois Sunrise Beach Rotary Club, Memorial United Methodist Church and BUZ volunteers to build 20 raised garden beds for community members to rent for a minimal fee.
- Zion’s Butterfly Garden: a collaborative project between Zion Park District and BUZ.
- Each quarter engage in a large project that will impact our community
- Enable community members to spearhead projects
Past BUZ projects & pictures – Monarch Mural, Cornstalks on Sheridan
English Garden of Eat’n forms
Spanish Garden of Eat’n forms
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copies are available for Plot rental at the library, Township and City Hall.
BUZ Meeting dates & time:
BUZ meetings via Zoom on the first Sunday of the even months @ 7:30 p.m.
- Feb.5, 2023
- April 2, 2023
- June 4, 2023
- Aug. 6, 2023
- Oct. 1, 2023
Contact Info: Wendy Driver email@example.com