The Community Wellness Task Force was established to encourage healthy lifestyles by our community members in Zion, Winthrop Harbor, and Beach Park.
The objectives of this task force support:
• Raising awareness of wellness issues related to nutrition, exercise, social habits, and general health.
• Provide insights and activities that allow individual community members to learn about, reflect on, and commit to healthier habits as the first step toward a longer, healthier life.
Successes of this task force include:
Implementation of a series of “Health is Wealth” wellness fairs within the community. These fairs:
- Provided individuals with the opportunity to learn about a wide variety of wellness issues within an energizing two hour period of time incorporating fun group exercise within the program.
- Help educate families about nutrition, sleep, the dangers of substance use/abuse, stress, etc.
- Are an active first step to allowing many community members to initiate healthier habits for themselves and their families!
The Wellness Task Force’s future is bright:
While we have had great success implementing these fairs at schools as a family-based activity, we plan to expand these wellness fairs to other agencies and groups who are looking to provide their members with a fun opportunity to get some exercise while learning about a wide range of wellness issues. Our “Health is Wealth” fairs can be adapted to meet the specific needs of organizations based on participants’ age, interests, etc. As well as adjusted to help support the mission of the hosting organization.
|Community Wellness*||2nd Tuesday||Zion Park District
2400 Dowie Memorial Drive
Zion, IL 60099